Course Bundles are grouped collections of courses, standardized exams, military credits, and program requirements within Transferology® Lab. These can be used by college staff to provide students with more efficient advisements and to research transfer scenarios. Pre-named bundles can be automatically created from advising & recruiting leads. This article provides an overview of the Course Bundle functionality within the Lab.
Articles in this series:
- Course Bundles
- Transfer Bundles
- Replacement Bundles
- Course Bundles: Create Replacement Bundles
- Course Bundles: Create Collaborative Replacement Bundles
- Course Bundles: View Replacement Bundle Matches
- Course Bundles: Sort and Filter Replacement Bundle Matches
- Course Bundles: Manage Replacement Bundles
- Course Bundles: Manage Collaborative Replacement Bundles
- Empty Bundles
To navigate to Course Bundles:
- Go to the Advising & Recruiting menu.
- Select Course Bundles.
Four tabs will appear. Any previously saved bundles will populate the tables. With the exception of Empty Bundles, names will be listed in a hyperlinked text format.
- Tab selected by default.
- Analogous to the Will My Courses Transfer? path in Transferology®. Bundles are a collection of selected courses, standardized exams, and military credits. Users can search for Matches to see how these would transfer or earn credit and run audits (if available).
- Transfer Bundles are personal to the user but can be shared with other Lab users at the institution. They can also be converted into Collaborative Transfer Bundles (see below).
- Analogous to the Find a Replacement Course path in Transferology®. Bundles are collections of courses or Requirement Categories specific to each Lab user's college. Users can search for Matches to find courses that can be taken at another college or university and transferred back to fulfill requirements at the current institution.
- Replacement Bundles are personal to the user but can be shared with other Lab users at the institution. They can also be converted into Collaborative Replacement Bundles (see below).
- Lab users at the same institution can now work together on Course Bundles. The creator of each Course Bundle can allow others to view, edit, delete, co-own, and invite others to work jointly on a bundle. Collaborators can also view an activity log of actions performed.
- Once a Transfer or Replacement Bundle is created and collaborators are assigned, those bundles will move from their respective tabs to sections within the Collaborative tab.
- If all courses from a collaborative bundle are removed, the bundle will move to the Empty Bundles section of the Collaborative tab.
- Empty Bundles are those that were created without attached coursework.
Once a bundle has been created, the following information will be provided about it:
|A. Davis Advising Session 8/24/2023
Name of the Course Bundle
Select the hyperlinked name or the number of courses (9) to view/edit the bundle
Within the Transfer and Replacement tabs, hover over the "present" icon to see the email of the person who shared the bundle - or, in the case of a copied Collaborative Transfer or Replacement Bundle, the person who created the bundle:
|8/18/23 10:02 AM
Date and time of the bundle's last update
Format: MM/DD/YY HH:MM ET
|8/18/23 10:00 AM
Date and time of the bundle's creation
Format: MM/DD/YY HH:MM ET
The actions that can be performed on a bundle vary by bundle type:
|View the existing bundle and course list
|View/edit the existing bundle and course list
|Create a copy of the course bundle (including all coursework)
|Share bundle with someone
|Share the Course Bundle with another Transferology® Lab user at the same institution
|View matches within the Schools Found page
|Run a Program audit (if available) or view Program information
|Export the bundle to a CSV or JSON file
|Manage bundle collaborators
|Allow other Lab users at the institution to view, edit, delete, co-own, and invite others to work jointly on a bundle
|Show bundle activity
|View activity logs of actions performed on collaborative bundles
|Hide the bundle from the list
|Unhide the bundle; return it to the list
Delete the bundle
Collaborative bundles: only the owner/co-owner can remove/delete the bundle; the trashcan icon will not appear if the user does not have the authority to delete the bundle
Additionally, users can add transfer or replacement courses to Empty and Collaborative Empty Bundles.
Once courses are added, the bundle is no longer considered empty.
- If courses were added to a personal Empty Bundle, the bundle would move to the Transfer or Replacement tab - depending on what type of courses were added.
- If courses were added to a Collaborative Empty Bundle, the bundle would move to the Collaborative tab under Transfer Bundles or Replacement Bundles, depending on the course type.