Transfer Equivalencies: View, Export, or Print an Institution's Equivalencies
The Transfer Equivalencies page in Transferology® Lab lets staff view comprehensive lists of transfer equivalencies defined by participating institutions. This article provides instructions for viewing equivalencies within this page.
Any user with an active Transferology® Lab account can access Transfer Equivalencies. To do so:
- Go to the Advising & Recruiting menu.
- Select Transfer Equivalencies.
The screenshot above reflects what a user from the fictional CollegeSource University (SH) would see when accessing this page. Within this page are the following fields:
The name of the college or university with which the user is affiliated is populated by default.
All schools with which that institution has established equivalencies will appear in the source school list. See Source School Name for further information.
Users can change the institution's name in this field to see equivalencies from another subscribing institution.
The name of the college or university a student would be transferring from.
This field is blank by default; users can type in the name of an institution to quickly locate it within the list of source schools.
A filter automatically shows only source institutions from within the state of the subscribing college or university.
Select Clear filters under Transferring From to remove the location filter and view an inclusive list of equivalencies across all source institutions. This would include standardized exams, military courses and occupations, and some international locations.
Users can filter by:
|Source School Name||
All institutions with which that institution listed in the Transferring To field has established equivalencies.
It should be noted that if an institution is supplying equivalencies from uAchieve® and has hidden all articulations from an institution, that school will not appear within the list.
An institution may be listed multiple times if multiple Year/Term field entries are noted.
Identifies the year/terms that span across the set of equivalencies.
All = All equivalencies are contained within one set of data. See effective dates of individual rules for further restrictions.
Since (Month)(Year) = Equivalencies within this data set are effective no earlier than the month and year noted. See effective dates of individual rules for further restrictions.
From (Month)(Year) through (Month)(Year) = Equivalencies within this set range between the time periods noted. See effective dates of individual rules for further restrictions.
|State||The state the source institution is located within.|
|View||The button to select to view equivalencies from the specified year/term for an institution.|
The button to select to export a summary of equivalency data for the institution transferring to.
View Transfer Equivalencies
To view the equivalencies that a college or university has established in Transferology®:
- Within the Transferring To field, verify that the name of the college or university listed is the one whose equivalencies the user wishes to view.
- The name of the college or university with which the user is affiliated is populated by default. This means the user is viewing how courses from other institutions will transfer to that individual's school.
- To view how courses transfer to a different college or university, use the keyboard to remove the institution name from this field. Type in and select the applicable institution name.
- Locate the name of the transfer institution within the Source School Name field.
- Use the filter to adjust the location or enter the name of the transfer institution into the Transferring From field to narrow results.
- Reference the Year/Terms field to verify the set of data to be viewed.
- Select the View button to the right of the institution name.
Transfer equivalencies for the institution selected will load on the page. The first academic department within the Transferring To institution to which a course equivalency has been established is displayed by default. View equivalencies between courses, exams, and military credits from the Transferring From institution to the Transferring To school using the filter and drop-downs.
- If equivalencies are supplied from uAchieve®, information entered into the Public Memo field within that application will display in the Note field in Transferology.
- IFlags and Alternate Courses will also appear.
- If equivalencies are supplied from TES®, information entered into the Public Note field within that application will display in the Note field in Transferology.
- User Added Courses will also appear.
- Course Tags will appear in the Alternate field.
- If equivalencies are supplied from a flat-file import, notes will additionally display.
- Underlined items display glossary messages. Hover over the text to read the message.
Eliminate expired equivalencies and view equivalencies only for current and future terms by selecting the Current and Future Terms Only checkbox.
Two drop-down menus can be used to filter courses from a specific department within the Transferring From school (left) or the Transferring To school (right).
To view a comprehensive list of equivalencies, select the (all) button.
To export equivalencies:
- Select the Export button.
- Users will be given the choice between exporting all equivalencies from the transfer institution or just those displayed on the screen at the time based on filters.
- Select All Equivs to export all equivalencies.
- Select Currently Shown Equivs to export those shown on the screen.
The export file will contain the following information:
|RECEIVE SCHOOL||Transferring To||Institution name|
|SEND STATE||Transferring From||State in which the institution is located|
|SEND SCHOOL||Transferring From||Institution name|
|TSEG||Transferring From||Department name; the faculty by which the course is taught or attributed to|
|SEND COURSES||Transferring From||Course identifiers (often structured as a subject + number)|
|SEND COURSE TITLES||Transferring From||Names of the courses (brief labels)|
|SEND LYT||Transferring From||The term code corresponding to the last month/year the equivalency is effective|
|SEND COURSE COUNT||Transferring From||Number of courses|
|RECEIVE COURSES||Transferring To||Course identifiers (often structured as a subject + number)|
|RECEIVE COURSE TITLES||Transferring To||Names of the courses (a brief label)|
|RECEIVE COURSE COUNT||Transferring To||Number of courses|
|MEMO||Transferring To||Information contained within the Note field|
Select Print to print a PDF of the current equivalencies displayed on the screen. Glossary messages will appear at the bottom of the page under Message ID.
View a short video overview of the Transfer Equivalencies functionality below.